Thursday, March 5, 2009

SNUBA
(this is really us in the picture below...)

While in Turks and Caicos Justin and I did something called SNUBA. It is a cross between Snorkeling/Scuba.  There is a short intro course, and voila you are ready.  It is like Scuba in that you breathe through a regulator and you are able to say under for longer periods of time.  We were under for about 45 minutes, at 25feet.  It was AMAZING!  We saw an octopus, a crab, a sea turtle (eating), a trumpet fish, and tons of other amazing sea creatures. I was a bit nervous to do this, but now want to get certified in Scuba.  It is so peaceful and surreal underwater.  A whole different world!  

4 comments:

Swade Family said...

That looks amazing!

Mommie to 3 Things said...

That's awesome! They had that when I lived in Hawaii, but I never did it!

Jen said...

Wow, what a perfectly captured moment! That looks like paradise, so surreal.

Jen said...

So nice talking with you tonight (it has been too long)...sorry to have to rush off! Miss you all more now then ever. Can't wait to meet your little man, Jenny